The Cricket Canada KIDS program introduces Canadian children to cricket in a fun and safe environment. The program adheres to recommended Sport Canada guidelines for FUN-damental movement skills and Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L).
The CC Kids Program is designed for girls and boys, 6 – 13 years old, with focus on fun and maximum participation. Children can enjoy the process of learning and developing important physical skills such as throwing, catching, hitting and bowling, while improving balance, agility and speed.
Official CC Kids coaches provide an open, fun and safe learning environment, employing cricket activities and interactive, engaging games that teach essential social skills such as teamwork and leadership. This positive experience for children, teachers, parents and volunteers fosters a passion for cricket and hopes to create a lifelong involvement with the game
- Ages 6-12
- Introduction to cricket skills through fun games and activities
- Sets the foundation for further engagement and achievement in cricket
- Ages 6-12
- A modified form of cricket is introduced to bridge the gap between SKILLS & PLAY and TEN10.
- Played between 2 teams of at least 8 players each
- Ages 9-13
- Introduces hard and semi-hard ball cricket.
- Participants will already have basic cricket skills and match experience.